Does a structured environment help you learn? If you’re like me, it sure does. When I’m learning, I crave clear, specific goals, a tangible and objective means to measure my progress, and a reproducible set of knowledge that will transfer to dancing with various partners. As an instructor, I like my dance students to have a clear sense of the progress they are making, where they started at, what they have to look forward to, and what it’s going to take to get where they want to go.
If you share my passion for organization, our new beginning series is for you! It’s on our calendar for February and March, and we’ve named it American Rhythm set A, level 1. Okay, it’s not the most descriptive name, but our calendar limits the number of characters in the title. So here’s what we’re offering in this class:
- You’ll receive eight weeks of lessons on Sunday evenings from 7:00 to 8:30 (12 hours total).
- You’ll learn Bolero, Cha Cha, East Coast Swing, and Rumba.
- This is level 1, appropriate for people who’ve never danced before.
- Learn the character and style of these four dances.
- Come to recognize appropriate music for Rumba, East Coast Swing, Cha Cha, and Bolero.
- Become comfortable dancing through entire songs.
- This course was designed by Diane Jarmolow and Julia Lowe, nationally recognized experts in ballroom curricula.
Tuition is $90 per person or $180 per couple for this eight week series. For space reasons, enrollment is limited to four persons. Classes begin Sunday, February 5. You’ll want to sign up early to get in on this program!